Over twenty local farmers and producers bring together seasonal fruits and vegetables, fresh-cut flowers, container plants and herbs, farm-raised eggs, artisan baked goods and meat, coffee and teas, specialty foods and much more. The weekly market runs every Tuesday.
|DATE:||Tue, October 20th 2009 - Tue, October 27th 2009|
|TIME:||3PM - 7PM|
|LOCATION:||Crystal Drive, between 18th and 20th Streets|
Click here to read a summary of the Farmers Market.
When you buy from local farmers at Crystal Farms, you can rest assured that the fruits and vegetables are fresh and handled with care for people and the environment. Pesticides are used only when and if necessary. Many use Integrated Pest Management (IPM), which according to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) applies many of the same concepts used in organic food production. IPM programs manage pest damage by using current, comprehensive information on the life cycles of pests and their interaction with the environment, in combination with available pest control methods. Although lacking the USDA Organic seal, which often proves to be too difficult or costly for small growers to obtain, products sold at Crystal Farms are healthy, fresh and nutritious. For more information on IPM, visit EPA website.
To show their support of the community, Crystal Farms' vendors donated a total of 3,205 lbs of fresh produce and baked goods to Arlington Food Assistance Center in the month of October, 2009.
- Atwater's Bakery: artisan breads, scones, cookies, organic ingredients
- Baguette Republic: baguettes, boules, challah, focaccia, rolls
- Barajas Produce: beans, beets, broccoli, herbs, salad mix, mustard green and more
- Bigg Riggs Farms: apple butter, hot pepper jelly, vodka sauce, fruit jams
- Buffalo Ridge Farm: all natural 100% grass-fed bison, Black Angus beef, and pork
- Four Seasons Nursery: cut flowers & herbs, culinary and medicinal herb plants
- G. Flores Produce: seasonal fruits and vegetables, cut flowers and herbs, container plants
- Grace’s Pastries: quick cakes, breads, scones
- Great Harvest Bread Co.: breads, cookies, baked goods
- Guata Java: organic premium Guatemalan coffee
- LynnVale Studios: specialty cut flowers and culinary herbs
- Meat Crafters: all-natural hand-crafted cured meats, fresh & smoked
- Middleburg Creamery: homemade ice cream made with fresh local ingredients
- Red Apron Butcher Shop: bacon, pastrami and hotdogs
- Salsa Las Glorias: Salsas and Pico de Gallo made with locally grown ingredients
- St. Ambrose Apiaries: over 10 varieties of raw honey and honey related products
- Teaco: wide varieties of loose leaf teas
- The Orchid Station: blooming orchid plants
- Toigo Orchards: fresh fruits and tomatoes on the vine, apple sauce, apple/pear butter, pasta sauce
- Tyson’s Farms: seasonal fruits and vegetables including peaches, plums, cherries, berries, beans, zuccini, peppers, cabbage, beans, eggplants and more
- Walnut Hill Farm: seasonal vegetables including corn, potatos, beans, kohlrabi, onions, watermelon and more
- Westmoreland Produce: seasonal vegetables and fruits, container plants, cut herbs and flowers